CITY WIDE CLEAN-UP
Always the 2nd Saturday in May
8:00 AM - 12 NOON
Residents in the 97133 zip code are invited to bring unwanted items to the North Plains annual City Wide Clean-Up Day at Jessie Mays Community Park. Garbarino Disposal is providing dumpsters for junk materials and recyclables. Clothes for the Cause will accept usable clothing and Habitat for Humanity ReStore will accept usable building materials.
Acceptable items (and fees) include:
- Usable items for a charitable organization – No fee
- Appliances – $5 each
- Large Appliances – Air conditioner, refrigerator or freezer – $25 each
- Tires – $4 per tire off the rim; $6 per tire with wheel
- Bulky wastes, furniture, scrap metal, plastics and electronics – $5 per carload, $10 per truck, trailer or van
- Heavy materials (brick, rock) – $20/ half-full mid-size truck
Other items will be assessed at the event. Participants may be asked to help unload their materials.
What NOT to bring:
- NO Household/wet garbage
- NO hazardous waste
- NO paint
- NO medications;
- NO light bulbs
- NO batteries
- NO potentially asbestos-containing building materials such as drywall, vinyl sheet, etc
Would you like to participate as a volunteer at this event? Please visit our Application & Forms page and complete an application.
Questions? We welcome your questions and suggestions through our Contact Us page.
Jessie Mays Community Park
30975 NW Hillcrest St.
North Plains, OR 97133